Number of blog hits since 9/25/10

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pasta E Fagioli Soup

Hey there long time no post huh sorry about that I have been busy with finals and the semester is finally over. I have been super busy finishing up the room its taking a while to finish the trims my husband chose to stain them mahogany cherry Im still not completely sold on the idea I wanted them a simple color like white but it is both of our room and we both have to like it so its ok. Im hopping that once they are done ill fall in love with them. In the mean while here is a recipe of one of my favorite soups I hope you try it out let me know how it goes.

1 lb ground beef
1 cup diced onion
1 cup julienned carrot
3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
2 garlic cloves, minced 
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (with liquid)
1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans (with liquid)
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12 ounce) can v-8 vegetable juice
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 lb ditali pasta


1 Brown beef in a large stock pot over medium heat-drain off fat.
2 Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
3 Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
4 After 50 minutes boil pasta to al dente.
5 Drain well.
6 Add pasta to the large pot of soup and simmer for 10 minutes.


I also made some garlic bread to eat with the soup also it was delicious it serves about 8 people and takes about an hour to make


Just some of the things you will need


dont forget to drain the ground beef once it is fully cooked
add chopped ingredients 

add the rest of the ingredients 

add pasta

and thats it Enjoy!

1 comment:

BABYGIRL said...

yummy aber cuando me ases ay my casa when ever chill out here girl

.